804Heb – Continuing Hebrew Reading: The Elijah and Elisha Cycle
|Sundays 9:00am PST||$105.00|| |
|Sundays 7:00pm PST||$105.00|| |
Have you taken two full years of Hebrew at TorahResource Institute or elsewhere? Would you like an opportunity to practice reading with a small group in weekly online meetings?
If you are interested in an online, continuing reading class to enhance your ability to read Biblical Hebrew, then this class is for you.
Day & Times: Sundays at 8:00 am and 7:00pm (Pacific Time)
- 3 hours of preparation per week
- Vocabulary notes are provided by instructor
- Weekly live session 1 1/2 hours long
- Reading from 1 Kings 17 and onwards in Hebrew
- During live class: Reading Hebrew, translating out loud and being ready to explain features of grammar and syntax.
- Review material and articles provided by the instructor
1) A print Biblica Hebraica Stuttgartensia, (German Bible Society) or an acceptable print equivalent. A Hebrew-English Interlinear Old Testament/Tanakh is not acceptable. If this textbook is cost-prohibitive, please contact the instructor.
2) Matthew H. Patton and Frederic Clarke Putnam, Basics of Hebrew Discourse: A Guide to Working with Hebrew Prosody and Poetry, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 2019.
3) A beginning Hebrew grammar, a Hebrew syntax and a Hebrew lexicon are also necessary textbooks, but any student who has learned Biblical Hebrew would have these textbooks. Contact instructor if you have any questions.
Instructor: André-Philippe Therrien
Course Options: This class can be taken as a standalone class or can be taken as part of a certificate program.
Program Path: Those who would like to add this to their certificate program may do so. It is not required for any of the programs but does count as 1 QTR hour.
Course Requirements: Two years of Hebrew at TorahResource Institute (or equivalent). This class also requires basic knowledge of a computer, a good internet connection, headphones, and an external or built-in microphone.