804Heb – Continuing Hebrew Reading – Online Class
|Day and Time: TBD||$175.00|
Have you taken two full years of Hebrew at TorahResource Institute or elsewhere? Would you like an opportunity to practice reading and continue learning Hebrew with a small group in weekly online meetings?
If you are interested in an online, continuing reading class to enhance your ability to read Biblical Hebrew, then this class is for you.
This class is 10 weeks long and begins on Tuesday, December 27, 2022.
Day & Time: TBD
Continuing Hebrew Reading is a weekly live “zoom-style” class for students desiring to sharpen their skills in reading and understanding the text of the Bible in the original language, with appropriate attention to scribal traditions. Each quarter is “stand alone,” so one need not to have participated in prior quarters in order to join. (Students entering with Hebrew studies from other institutions will need to contact the instructor and demonstrate reasonable competency.)
- 3-6 hours of preparation per week
- Vocabulary notes are provided by instructor
- These will expand upon the vocabulary of the First Hebrew Primer.
- Grammar and translation reference sheets provided by instructor
- 10 Weekly live sessions, 1 hours long each
- During the live class: Reading Hebrew, translating out loud and discussing features of grammar, syntax, and narrative.
- Review material and articles provided by the instructor
1) A print Biblica Hebraica Stuttgartensia, (German Bible Society) or an acceptable print equivalent. A Hebrew-English Interlinear Old Testament/Tanakh is not acceptable.
2) Ronald J. Williams, Williams’ Hebrew Syntax, 3rd edition, edited by John C. Beckman, Toronto, Ontario: University of Toronto, 2007, 248 pages.
Instructor: Rob Vanhoff
Course Options: This class can be taken as a standalone class or can be taken as part of a certificate program.
Program Path: Those who would like to add this to their certificate program may do so. It is not required for any of the programs but does count as 1 QTR hour, if the student takes the final exam.
Course Requirements: Two years of instruction in Biblical Hebrew at TorahResource Institute (or equivalent). This class also requires basic knowledge of a computer, a good internet connection, headphones, and an external or built-in microphone.