804Heb – Continuing Hebrew Reading: The Elijah and Elisha Cycle Continued – Online Class
|Sundays 6:00pm PST||$175.00|
Have you taken two full years of Hebrew at TorahResource Institute or elsewhere? Would you like an opportunity to practice reading and continue learning Hebrew with a small group in weekly online meetings?
If you are interested in an online, continuing reading class to enhance your ability to read Biblical Hebrew, then this class is for you.
Day & Time: Sundays at 6:00pm (Pacific Time)
- 3-6 hours of preparation per week
- Vocabulary notes are provided by instructor
- These will expand upon the vocabulary of the First Hebrew Primer.
- Grammar and translation reference sheets provided by instructor
- 10 Weekly live sessions, 1 1/2 hours long each
- Reading from 2 Kings 7 and onwards in Hebrew
- During the live class: Reading Hebrew, translating out loud and discussing features of grammar, syntax, and narrative.
- Review material and articles provided by the instructor
1) A print Biblica Hebraica Stuttgartensia, (German Bible Society) or an acceptable print equivalent. A Hebrew-English Interlinear Old Testament/Tanakh is not acceptable.
2) Matthew H. Patton and Frederic Clarke Putnam, Basics of Hebrew Discourse: A Guide to Working with Hebrew Prosody and Poetry, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 2019.
3) Ronald J. Williams, Williams’ Hebrew Syntax, 3rd edition, edited by John C. Beckman, Toronto, Ontario: University of Toronto, 2007, 248 pages.
1) E. Simon, L. Motzkin and I. Resnikoff, First Hebrew Primer, 3rd edition, Oakland, California: EKS Publishing, 2005, 401 pages.
2) Bruce K. Waltke, M. O’Connor, (An Introduction to) Biblical Hebrew Syntax, Winona Lake, Indiana: Eisenbrauns, 1990, 765 pages.
Instructor: André-Philippe Therrien
Course Options: This class can be taken as a standalone class or can be taken as part of a certificate program.
Program Path: Those who would like to add this to their certificate program may do so. It is not required for any of the programs but does count as 1 QTR hour, if the student takes the final exam.
Course Requirements: Two years of instruction in Biblical Hebrew at TorahResource Institute (or equivalent). This class also requires basic knowledge of a computer, a good internet connection, headphones, and an external or built-in microphone.